Monday, March 21, 2011

My Craft Room

I have just finished a quilt for the king size waterbed in my craft room.  But, before I could put it on the bed, I had to move my stacks of planned out projects that cover the bed.  Thought I'd show you a picture of the new shelves my boys helped put together.


Then, once I found the bed, I thought I'd take a picture of the quilt that is on it now.  This is my very first quilt.  I made it when I was in high school.  This was before I knew anything about quilting.  These are all fabrics from my childhood.  At the time, I had a twin bed...what was I thinking?

The center has pieces from my sister's wedding gown, kitchen curtains, my brother's shirt, and the red bow is from a uniform I had to wear in first grade.  I stitched in the letters "HO" because when I was little, I used to write it all the time.  It wasn't until later that my parents figured out that I was trying to write DH (my initials).  They teased me ever since.



Here is a picture of the new quilt which I have decided I don't like with the room color.  I matched it with some green in a few of the blocks but that isn't the green that stands out.  Maybe I will just stack my projects back on the bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment