Sunday, March 27, 2011

Last Tree Block

I don't think that I needed to do a challenge quilt, this block was enough challenge!  My last tree block is done.  I still need to go back and stitch around my two applique trees.


These blocks will finish at 8 inches.  So, the half square triangles are an inch.  In the other pieced tree, the leaves are 3/4 inch.  Glad to be done with them.

I did get a chance to start quilting on an older quilt that I thought I was going to use for something else.  I was trying to do straight line quilting and I marked with painters tape.  I had seen someone blog about using it but, I have had trouble with it staying stuck.  So, after 5 lines of quilting, I needed a break.  This is the UFO of the month.  I've been trying to play along with Patchwork Times on the UFO challenge for the year.  We had to make a list of 12 UFOs and every month, she picks a number 1-12 and whatever is listed on that number is the one to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment