Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Leaves quilt finished

FINALLY!  This quilt was started in Oct 2009 and finished in Oct 2011.  I knew I wanted to have it done by a longarmer and it had to wait.  My dear Mother gifted me the quilting for a Christmas present.  Gotta love Moms!
This quilt was a leaf pattern by Thangles.  I just love my wild color choices.  I think that is the great thing about leaves...their striking color...now, I know that there isn't blue and purple leaves but I love it anyway!  In my perfect world there would be blue and purple leaves.
The binding I did by machine which I tend to do on bed quilts now because it takes so much less time.  And besides, when I'm in bed close to the binding, my eyes are shut!  I do still like to do a lot of my throws by hand.
It was a little windy trying to get a decent shot.

I'm off to work on some more quilty stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment