Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Flying Geese Jean Quilt Finished

This quilt has been in the works for a while.  I had to keep putting it away because it wasn't as fun as I thought it would be when I started it.  There were a few guys from work that donated their jeans.  They asked about it regularly so I knew I had to finish it.  At least the bright colors were right up my alley.  This is going to be a great quilt for this winter after snow blowing.  It's really heavy.  I used batting and then flannel for the back.  I didn't do much quilting on it...it was a bear to move in my machine. 

I think that brings me to 67 UFOs left!  I will be working on finishing up a couple of others that I started earlier.  And, I NEED to finish hand quilting 2 quilts...I really haven't been enjoying it.  Maybe I AM ready for winter.  All that warm weather hasn't made me want to sit under a quilt lately.

I cleaned and oiled my machine.  I think she loves me again.  We are going to get a lot done soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment