Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Elizabeth Rose

Elizabeth Rose and I have not been talking for quite some time now.  (I blogged about her back in March.  The center was finished and waiting for borders.)
I put the borders on and was thrilled that my mitered corners turned out well.  Then, I put her on the floor to check out the whole thing and...just about cried.  I was so worried about the miters that I never measured the borders!  They were ruffled...Big time!
So, I managed to tear them out (hated every minute of it!).
I tried again to sew on one side of the border after measuring.  It needed to be eased because it stretched out the center when I tore it apart.  Wow, it eased really nicely.  After a second look, it all eased into the first block and was ruffled yet again!
So, Elizabeth Rose and I didn't talk for a long time.  I didn't even want to look at her.

Last night was the turning point.  It was now or never.  Not so perfect and done is better than not finished.

Elizabeth Rose is a lot like my sister Elizabeth...a little off but still loved.

I'll probably have to have a couple more words with her when I do the quilting but, she's getting there.


1 comment:

  1. I love this quilt, Dorothy. The colors are so sweet, soft and elegant.

    ReplyDelete