Thursday, April 7, 2011

WIP

I have a lot of Works In Progress.  I will give you a sneek peek at a top that I have finished.  This is my first chance to show it since it was hanging in the quilt shop for their shop hop.

This is the first time I have had to mitre corners.  I think they turned out pretty good even if I am showing you the best one.

Well, it's another new month and I am trying to quilt at least one a month.  I think this is the one I'd like to do next.  I want to try that same flower motif that I used on the baby quilt earlier.  Guess I'd better start sucking up to my favorite neighbor!

Other WIP:  I am still straightline quilting one that I'm not in love with (so it's taking me forever).  Also, working on my challenge quilt with my neighbor...I'm working on stitching around my trees.  And, my Elizabeth Rose is waiting for me to tear out the borders  argh!  It was my second attempt at corners with a mitre.  My corners turned out good but apparently, I should have measured the length.  I always try to get away without doing that.  I think I have learned my lesson for the last time!  Also, working on a jean quilt that I promised to have done before the quilt show in July.  Last but not least, I am hand sewing the binding on my Mountain Top by Edyta Sitar quilt.  I have several others that I have started but these are the ones I'm currently working on.

1 comment:

  1. Good job on the mitering! Sounds like you have a lot going on! I would like to pass along the Stylish Blogger Award, if you don't mind. This is a fun way to get people to your blog. What you do is link back to the person who picked you, then pick 6 other bloggers, and list 7 things about you! Please let me know if you would like to participate, as I would like to post it this weekend. I would have sent you an email, but didn't see an email address in your profile. (We share the same background on our blogs!)

    LaDonna

    ReplyDelete