Wednesday, October 12, 2011

World Culture Day

The things we do for our kids.  This is an appliqued and quilted Canadian flag table runner for world culture day at son #2's school.  Each classroom has a country and his happens to be Canada if you haven't already guessed.  So, tonight I had to whip this thing together.  It was pretty easy once I found the right maple leaf to copy.
He was thrilled.
He's taking it to school tomorrow so they can decorate before the big day.
In the meantime, I've had to set aside a couple of my projects.
Earlier today I did manage to get my treetops all sewn together.  I cut most of the rest of my tree trunks (I think I have 2 more).  Maybe I can get a couple more done after the kids go to bed.  Although, my back feels like it could use a relaxing evening.

I have also finished cutting my strip sets for the summer house postage stamp quilt that I started.  That one will be quick once I have time.  Sometimes, I wish I didn't have to sleep or work.

No comments:

Post a Comment