Thursday, October 13, 2011

My little forest

Oooooo they are so cute!  I am just about ready to cut my setting triangles.  I do have to admit that I'm getting a little nervous about the applique.  Vines are new to me but learning something new is part of what I enjoy about quilting.  Bring it on.

Here are 17 of the 18 trees.  I'm surprised that this quilt is covering my queen size bed but then I didn't really pay attention to the size other than I wanted it bigger than the wall hanging.
This is the trunk for the 18th tree.  I think I got a little tired last night and had to finally give up.
Just keeping it real!
Today, it was unsewn.

I didn't have much time for more sewing today.  Sometimes, I have to pretend to be a good wife.  I've done laundry, dishes, made beds, cut son #2's hair (yesterday's pics of him really bothered me), swept (not mopped which still needs to be done), took out the garbage (in the rain and I didn't melt), scrubbed the sink and stove...and many other things that no one but me ever notices...like picking up the clothes on the laundry room floor!  Anyway, that is a whole other blog story.
Happy quilting until next time!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness I'm so happy you visited my blog and I could link over to you. LOVE your trees. They are gorgeous. Even better than pie.

    ReplyDelete