Friday, October 21, 2011

Elizabeth Rose UFO Finish

I have finally finished my Elizabeth Rose quilt.  It is the one that I fought with to get the borders on.  I didn't have a pattern for this, I just made it up as I went along.  My original idea got tossed in the process but I like how she turned out.  It reminds me of a garden trellis.  My stash has more of this fabric because I want to do one without the border but bigger of course.  I already have it cut into strips.  It's on my UFO list.

I took her to my favorite neighbor's house and did a quick meander last night.

After I came home, I trimmed it up and cut the binding.

This morning at about 7am I was sewing and ironing the binding so I could come home and put it on the quilt after I took the kids to school.

It was a nice quiet day today.  I didn't have to go to work so, I stayed home all day and worked on projects.

1 comment:

  1. very pretty quilt :) and it sounds like you had a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete