Sunday, July 31, 2011

Rusting Fabric Prep

I've been wanting to try to rust some fabric and have finally gotten all the things I need to do it.

For starters, I had an old cookie sheet and layered fabric and findings.
Then, son #2 helped to spray everything with water/vinegar mix.
(He also helped to hammer a couple of things a little flat.  He was thrilled.)

I added some foam in between so that my objects would be closer to the fabric.

Then, it all gets put in a bag, set outside where it's warm and has books stacked on it.

I have never tried this before but, this is the book that I got directions from...

It's a pretty cool book if you like to try a lot of different things for art quilts.

Now, I just have to WAIT.  That's the hard part.  I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment