Friday, July 29, 2011

My new ironing board top

Ta Da!
I just happened to have several yards of white fabric that I got from a relative.  But, I think when the time comes to cover it, I will put on a fun print.  I'm really happy with how they turned out (I did 2 of them).  This is the ironing board that I picked up for 5 bucks from a garage sale with my neighbor.  Now, I have one for my craft room downstairs and one for upstairs (my hubby is going to love that! Shhhh don't tell him).

So, my dear neighbor's hubby put the wood part together for me.  He's so quick!  I'll owe him big time.  Anyway, he fit each top to it's matching ironing board and put smile face stickers on them so I know which ones go together.


Then I stapled 2 layers of batting and two layers of fabric on them, trimmed them up a little, and they are good to go.

I am ready to get back in the saddle again.  I have been missing all of my sewing time.  A lot has happened here this month but, I've got a few things up my sleeve to show you so, stay tuned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment