Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mom's Gifts to Me

My Mother must know me pretty well.  For Christmas this past year she paid for one of my quilts to go to the longarmer.  I loved it!

She also knows that I like old quilts and I like to try and save them.  So, when she came across this bedspread from her childhood, she gave it to me.  She thinks maybe her Mother made it.
I would like to save the blocks that are good and put them into a quilt.





There are more than this but it gives you a good idea.  I just love them!

Then, as if that wasn't enough, Mom and Dad bought me a quilt from an auction at my kid's school.  The quilt was made when my oldest was in Kindergarten and the teacher put it in the auction for their last year at that school (8th grade).  Mom and Dad out bid everyone so she could give it to me for Christmas.

(Sorry, imagine it hanging vertical)
So, the teacher had them paint leaves and then print them on the fabric.
Here is my son's leaf.
This quilt was also hand quilted by the teacher.  And, she just happens to be the one who invited me to my first quilt guild meeting.

My Mom is the Best!  I hope you have a happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, your mom (and dad!) sound wonderful! What thoughtful gifts!

    LaDonna

    ReplyDelete