Well, I finally got the top of my red and white block of the month finished. After the third time of doing the flying geese border.
Everything in this quilt went together so nicely until that last border (that I thought I could do a different way than the directions stated). Well, I hope I learned my lesson (but knowing me, probably not).
I thought I could at least use the first set of geese on the backing since I like a pieced look for my backings anyway.
But, then I forgot to bring them with me to the quilt shop the night I was working on the backing so...
Here's what I ended up with. I'm still really happy with it (even thought I didn't lay it real flat on the carpet for the pic).
This is the fabric that is the center piece on the back. I love the little print in the background. It will go perfectly with the geo prints on the front.
Yesterday, I cut the bindings for this quilt so all that is left is the quilting. I'm still undecided about that.