It all started with some triangle scraps that a friend gave to me. (I can't help it, I'm addicted and my friends know it.) So, I was trying to do a little bit of cleaning and those triangles called to me. Next thing I knew, I was making pinwheels and then I went on a hunt in my craft room to find scraps for the other blocks. This oversized baby quilt top and back is made up of all scraps and I'm planning on piecing the batting too. How's that for a little bit of clean up work? Well, it's not quite the clean up I had in mind but, it feels good to do something with some of my scraps that have been waiting around for a while.
I finished three blocks from a several year old shop hop. Well, OK I still have to blanket stitch my appliques and then they will be done.
This flower is going to look a lot better with the stitching separating the petals.
This block went together really fast. The pattern had us use a different technique for the flying geese that I haven't used before and I thought it was great no waste and no trimming...BONUS!
Here are the other five blocks that I finished years ago. I have a couple more to finish but there is one that I might choose to not add in the quilt because I don't think the block plays nicely with the others.